Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

A new year!

Which can only mean one thing... SALES! However, I don't know about you but I'm not so into them this year. Whether it's because I'm really busy with college work or the fact that the sales actually started way before Christmas, I don't know, but I do know that if you are willing to battle the (admittedly quite small) crowds, you can get some amazing bargains on the High Street. I managed to get my hands on a beautiful John Galliano silk scarf for only £39.99 at TK Maxx, one of my best sale purchases! If you don't want to move from your sofa, which I am sometimes reluctant to do, the online sales are just as good if not better, because you can see their entire stock, and choose exactly what you want. There are of course stores that are only online, like ASOS, and also Net-a-Porter ,which is currently having a 50% sale. With online sales though, your money can seem so easy to spend, just to clicks and you're done. For this reason, you really need to make sure what you're buying is actually what you want, and not just because it was £245.00 and has gone down to £68.99. It is really tempting to see these amazing pieces and go on a spending spree, I know my mind set used to be "Oh, I can just return it if I don't like it", but since a certain debacle with Dorothy Perkins (read about it here) I have made sure that I check all returns policies before I buy on certain websites. Since doing so, I have seen policies like "This product can only be returned within 14 days of dispatch" which is okay if you receive the parcel promptly, but if not you may face problems. If have also seen "Can be returned within 28 days of dispatch if unopened and in perfect resale condition" which completely defeats the point of being able to try on your clothes! The final one I have seen is where they say you can only get a credit note or exchange for your product, which is extremely annoying because all you want to do is get the money back, not be obliged to spend it at that store again. So, when shopping online make sure you are careful with your money, don't spend it like water, and don't spend it on rubbish.
        Finally, happy New Year guys, I should have probably put this at the start, and I hope you had a very merry Christmas.Thanks for reading.

1 comment :

  1. Well said emma... im still jealous of your scarf.. ;) xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete