Pages

Thursday 6 October 2011

Paris fashion week!

Wow, what a month guys, the Paris fashion shows were absolutely phenominal, and the coverage was great. Some of my personal favourites consist of Alexander McQueen, and Elie Saab, the latter of which definitely stuck in my mind, if not for it's amazing models, then diffinitely for the fact that it drew in two princesses in the form of Princess Beatrice (looking radient in a red Elie Saab dress - after all, it is his show) and Princess Sirivannavari Nariratana! This cause a slight bit of friction, and I'm guessing,but I maybe wrong, that they are not the best of friends.


Anyway, back to the fashion. If this catwalk was anything to go by, next spring is going to be a fabulous one for fashion. It may be a bit depressing outside right now, but on that catwalk it was beauty galore. Jewel tones flooded centre stage, whilst a lot of the designs consisted of feminine, sensual pieces, plenty of flowing tops and lace filled trousers. My personal favourite was this, a beautiful creation. I wonder how much it costs?!There was a large amount of close fitting, curve-showing outfits, that would have looked stunning on anyone, but there were also ones that would only have suited the stick thin. Is this a line I should even start on? Me thinks not. This may sound strange, but hips are definitely in. Curves are good, and the more exentuated waist, the better.It also may be okay for the flat-chested among us. Although plunging necklines are here to stay, the cute high necked Peter pan collars will surely be back with avengence next year, and I cant wait!If I could describe this show's fashion in one word, I have to say it would be floaty. I know, not very specific, but through the corsetted, fitted bodices shined wafting volumious fabric, and sequins, lots of them. A gorgeous show from Saab, but can you expect any less, especially with Anja Rubik starting!

No comments :

Post a Comment